Festivities Begin Nov. 3 with Opening Ceremonies at Southgate Field
MELBOURNE, FLA. — Florida Institute of Technology’s Homecoming 2015 celebration will fill the first week of November with something for just about everyone.
A gathering of alumni, faculty, staff, students and community members from across the Space Coast and points beyond, this year’s festivities begin Tuesday, Nov. 3, with an opening ceremony on the Southgate Field at Babcock Street and University Boulevard.
Among the fun Wednesday, Nov. 4, is a presentation of the play “Catch Me If You Can” from the College Players. That begins at 7 p.m. at Gleason Performing Arts Center.
Several marquee events fill the remainder of Homecoming 2015. Here’s a look:
Thursday, Nov. 5
- 5-7 p.m.: Meg O’Malley’s presents the FIT Homecoming 5K Run/Walk in downtown Melbourne. Features T-shirts, goody bags and a post-race party at Meg’s. Visit http://homecoming.fit.edu/run.php to register and for more information.
- 6-7 p.m.: The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi hosts a members-only reception at the Black Kat Lounge in the basement of Evans Hall.
- 8-10 p.m.: You’ve just shown your talent for running. Now see what talents Florida Tech students have as they put on a talent show at Clemente Center.
Friday, Nov. 6
- 6 p.m. – 1 a.m.: Homecoming Fest in downtown Melbourne. The Florida Tech Alumni Association has joined forces with Mainstreet Partners to create a memorable evening featuring street vendors, food, drinks and music from indie pop sensations Matt and Kim. Check out http://homecoming.fit.edu/fest.php for more details.
- 7-9 p.m.: Florida Tech volleyball takes on Eckerd College at Palm Bay Magnet High School gym, 101 Pirate Lane, Melbourne.
Saturday, Nov. 7
- 10-11 a.m.: Homecoming parade on the Florida Tech campus.
- 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Tailgate party on campus.
- 1-4 p.m.: Homecoming football game: Panthers vs. the West Georgia Wolves. More information and tickets at http://homecoming.fit.edu/football.php.
- 6-10 p.m.: Homecoming Awards Gala, Clemente Center. Dinner and awards, including the presentation of the Jerome P. Keuper Distinguished Alumni Award, followed by dancing and live music from TWITCHY. Registration at http://homecoming.fit.edu/gala.php.
Sunday, Nov. 8
- Noon-2 p.m.: Alumni softball game, Nancy Bottge Field.
For additional information on these and other Homecoming events and activities, visit http://homecoming.fit.edu/index.php.