October Festivities Include
5K Race, Free Concert
MELBOURNE, FLA. — Florida Tech will celebrate its 60th anniversary with four days of Homecoming events this month.
Running Oct. 11-14, the annual gathering of alumni, faculty, staff, students and community members from the Space Coast and points beyond will feature a 5K run, live sporting events, a free concert, an awards gala and more.
Here’s a look at Homecoming highlights:
Thursday, Oct. 11
- 6 p.m.: Meg O’Malley’s presents the Homecoming 5K Walk/Run in downtown Melbourne. Features T-shirts, goody bags and a post-race party at Meg’s. Visit http://homecoming.fit.edu/run.php to register and for more information.
Friday, Oct. 12
- 6 p.m.-midnight: Homecoming Fest in downtown Melbourne. The Florida Tech Alumni Association has joined forces with Melbourne Mainstreet to offer a memorable evening featuring street vendors, food, drinks and free music from the indie rock band Cold War Kids. The concert is free and open to the public. Visit http://homecoming.fit.edu/fest.php for more details.
Saturday, Oct. 13
- 1-4 p.m.: Homecoming football game: Florida Tech Panthers vs. Valdosta State Blazers at Florida Tech Panther Stadium. The Homecoming King and Queen will be presented at halftime. More information and tickets at http://homecoming.fit.edu/football.php.
- 6:30-10:30 p.m.: 60th Anniversary Gala, Clemente Center. The black tie event will feature dinner and awards, including the presentation of the Jerome P. Keuper Distinguished Alumni Award, followed by dancing and live music from Twitchy. Registration at http://homecoming.fit.edu/gala.php.
Sunday, Oct. 14
- 12:15 p.m.: Celebratory brunch for Father Doug Bailey in the Hartley Room at the Denius Student Center as part of homecoming celebration of Catholic Campus Ministry. Bailey was Florida Tech’s longtime chaplain who was named Chaplain Emeritus in the spring. Brunch preceded by mass at 11 a.m. at the All Faiths Center. RSVP for brunch to Lynn Jaime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information on these and other Homecoming events and activities, visit http://homecoming.fit.edu/.