WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — In an unusual reversal of individual single matches Florida Tech’s men pull off their third win of the season now 3-1 overall. Tech
defeated NCAA DII Southeast Regional opponent’s Palm Beach Atlantic Sailfish 6-3 this afternoon. The Crimson and Gray top twosome of Cliff Giel (Savaneta,
Aruba) and Keith Kessler (Brooklyn, N.Y.) each lost their singles matches to two ranked regional players.
Panthers’ four five and six singles each pulled off victories ensuring Tech’s victory. Sophomore David Fowler (St. James, Barbados) pulled off a flawless
two set victory shutting down Tyler Dealy 6-0, 6-0 in the #5 singles action. Freshman Jon Hanna (Nassau, Bahamas) defeated Lukas Colombo 6-0, 63 in the
number four position. Senior Christian Smith also defeated his opponent Rob VanDerscoff 6-1, 6-1 in the six singles action.
Tech swept doubles with #15 nationally ranked tandem of Giel and Kessler took down #8 regionally ranked pair of Brock Newton and Paul Segado 9-8 in a tight
victory. Hanna and Smith teamed up to take Frankie Moulton and Dealy 8-1. Senior Adam Outlaw (Mobile, Alabama) and sophomore Jeremy Casperson
(Jacksonville, Fla.) pulled through in the #3 doubles match overtaking VanDerscoff and Colombo 9-7.
Tech will be back in action tomorrow facing Sunshine State Conference foe Barry University at 1:00 p.m. at the Fee Avenue Courts.
Tennis Match Results
Florida Tech vs Palm Beach Atlantic
2/8/2007 at West Palm Beach, Fla.
Florida Tech 6, Palm Beach Atlantic 3
1. #14 Brock Newton (PBAM) def. Clifford Giel (FTM) 6-4, 6-3
2. #8 Paul Segodo (PBAM) def. #13 Keith Kessler (FTM) 6-1, 6-4
3. Frankie Moulton (PBAM) def. Christian Kieber (FTM) 6-1, 7-6
4. Jonathan Hanna (FTM) def. Lukas Colombo (PBAM) 6-0, 6-3
5. David Fowler (FTM) def. Tyler Dealy (PBAM) 6-0, 6-0
6. Christian Smith (FTM) def. Rob VanDerscoff (PBAM) 6-1, 6-1
1. #15*/#4 Clifford Giel/Keith Kessler (FTM) def. #8 Brock Newton/Paul Segodo (PBAM) 9-8
2. Jonathan Hanna/Christian Smith (FTM) def. Frankie Moulton/Tyler Dealy (PBAM) 8-1
3. Adam Outlaw/Jeremy Casperson (FTM) def. Lukas Colombo/Rob VanDerscoff (PBAM) 9-7
*Only national ranking others are regional rankings
Florida Tech 3-1
Palm Beach Atlantic 0-2