Series Held at Florida Tech’s Harris Commons
MELBOURNE, FLA. — Three free workshops starting March 30 at Florida Institute of Technology will offer teens with diabetes information and advice on managing their conditions to not impede their increasingly busy lifestyles.
Hosted by Florida Tech’s Behavioral Health Research Team and led by clinical psychology doctoral students, the workshops will allow participants to:
- Take charge of their health at home, school and when out with friends;
- Gain greater understanding, confidence and decision-making skills regarding diabetes management;
- Incorporate healthy behaviors into everyday life;
- Meet other teens with diabetes;
- And develop skills that can be used forever.
Each workshop will feature different themes and interactive activities to facilitate discussion and learning.
The workshops run from 5:30-7 p.m. on March 30, April 6 and April 13 – all Wednesdays – in Room 227 on the second floor of Harris Commons, 3011 S. Babcock St., across from the main Florida Tech campus.
Each session builds on the previous one, so participants are encouraged to attend all three.
RSVPs are required. Please call 321-795-4612 to respond.