Well it’s almost done, the thing most students dream about once their spring break is over… summer! Well summer 2011 is winding down and I don’t know about you, but mine’s been great. It’s almost sad to see it end, but that’s almost trumped by the feelings of excitement I have for starting college. As the back room in my house fills up to look like the stockroom of a Bed Bath and Beyond I’m constantly reminded that once the summer ends I’m not just going back to school, but I’m making a whole new start in my life. All of these new opportunities for new friendships, clubs, activities, and learning experiences leaves me with the utmost excitement for August 16th and I know I’m not the only one. I know most of my fellow classmates feel the same and even current students seem anxious to get back to the campus, so I’ll see you all at orientation. So before summer is over just get all of those annoying school forms taken care of, the infamous panther pass filled out, and make sure you don’t forget your laptop 1000 miles away from home. So before I end this I’m going to leave you all with some advice for the new school year…
1. Don’t be afraid to try something new. A new experience could become your new favorite activity.
2. Be outgoing and make many new friends. This goes along with the first one. Try new things and make tons of new friends in the process!
3. Work hard and play hard. Make sure you study and make good grades, but make sure you leave some time to have lots of fun. College is fun, but it’s still college.
4. Enjoy college! This is a once in a lifetime experience!
5. Most importantly… GO PANTHERS!