Foreign Policy Association Series Centers on International Topics
MELBOURNE, FLA. — Florida Institute of Technology’s Lifelong Scholar Society has joined the Foreign Policy Association’s Great Decisions program to bring timely information and discussion on international topics to the Space Coast.
The Great Decisions discussion program, started in 1954, is intended to foster an understanding of international affairs and foreign policy issues.
Starting Jan. 6, 2016, and continuing through May 4, Lifelong Scholar Society participants will convene on the first Wednesday of each month at Tradewinds Restaurant in Viera to eat dinner and view a 30-minute DVD produced by the Foreign Policy Association on the topic of that month. The screening will be followed by a discussion facilitated by a Florida Tech professor or community expert in the field.
The 2016 Great Decisions dates and topics are:
- Jan. 6: Privacy in the Digital Age, facilitated by Jared Campbell.
- Feb. 3: India Changes Course, facilitated by Amitabh Dutta.
- March 2: Russia and the Near Abroad, facilitated by Wanfa Zhang.
- April 6: U.S. Policy toward Africa, facilitated by Jacob Ivey.
- May 4: The Koreas, facilitated by George Alexander.
There is no charge to attend the discussion, but attendees are expected to purchase a meal and advance registration is required. The average entree price is $12. Seating will begin at 5:30 p.m. Doors close at 6:30 p.m.