10 Percent Discount with Early Registration
MELBOURNE, FLA. — Early registration is now underway for spring art classes and workshops at Florida Institute of Technology’s Renee Foosaner Education Center in the Eau Gallie Arts District of Melbourne.
The new term, which will feature one-day workshops and seven-week-long classes, starts April 7 and runs through May 22. Pre-registration is required for all classes and workshops.
Upcoming workshops include:
- Polymer Clay Bangles on April 23
- Clay for Couples on May 8
- Children’s Japanese Art Studio on May 5
Classes, held Tuesday through Saturday, include a range of subjects for adults and children such as:
- Homeschool art group
- Glass kiln-forming
- Figure drawing
- Art history
- Gestural acrylic painting
The spring semester also features new course offerings. Those include:
- Telling Your Story Through Drawing: Taught by Jean Thomas, this course focuses on helping students discover a means to tell stories through their drawings.
- Hands-on Art History – Picasso: Taught by Stephen Lomazzo, this unique studio class incorporates multimedia lectures and art projects in an effort to explore the creative styles and artistic impact of Pablo Picasso.
- Contemporary Beaded Jewelry: Taught by Judy Peragallo, this course will offer basic mechanics and techniques that can be incorporated into jewelry projects at home.
Classes and workshops will be held at the Renee Foosaner Education Center, 1520 Highland Ave. Details, schedules, class policies and prices can be found at www.foosanerartmuseum.org, under the “classes” tab at the top of the page.
For additional information, email Curator of Education Sara Russo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Education Center at 321-674-8923.