One of the best things about living in Melbourne is the proximity to Orlando. Florida Tech is really only about an hour away from all that Orlando has to offer. My friends decided that for my birthday they would take me to a place that I had never been before as a surprise… SEA WORLD! Even as a marine biology major, I had never been to Sea World, however my friends decided that because of my love for sea creatures it was time that I took a trip to Orlando to Sea World.
Things that everyone must do while at Sea World:
1) See the shows. The coolest thing about Sea World is their access to animals that you wouldn’t normally see in the wild, such as orcas. Watching those orcas jump was probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen.
2) Feed the Sharks and rays. I’m a little bit biased on this one, because I love sharks, but it really is cool to get the fish and feed the little guys!
3) Eat at Sharks Underwater Grill. Not only do they have amazing seafood, but it’s a giant aquarium with sharks, rays, and fish. The sharks are beautiful; mostly sandbar and sand tiger sharks, and they just swim up to the glass and circle the right side of the restaurant. It really is an incredible sight.
4) Play the games: one of the best moments was when I won my giant orca, which I ended up naming patches. Patches ended up being around 8 feet tall or so, which was a bit difficult, but it was great to win!
5) Lastly, RIDE THE ROLLER COASTERS! The Manta is the best coaster that I’ve been on in a while! The seats tilt you forward and it feels like you’re flying, it was a lot of fun.