Dec. 19 is Deadline to Submit Candidates for 9th Annual Luncheon Event
MELBOURNE, FLA. — weVENTURE, a Central Florida-based organization powered by Florida Institute of Technology and focused on the entrepreneurial needs of women, is seeking nominations for its 9th Annual “Women Who Rock” Awards Luncheon in honor of Women’s History Month 2016.
Nominations in four categories are due by Dec. 19. The categories are:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: This award recognizes a local woman who creates the products, services and jobs that fuel our economy and help our community grow.
- Excellence in Leadership: This award recognizes a female community leader who advocates for positive social change to create a more equitable society.
- Emerging Leader: This award recognizes a female under age 30 who demonstrates high ethical standards, commitment, confidence and the ability to serve as an inspirational leader, and who is a role model for members of her community.
- Florida Tech Joan Bixby: This award generally recognizes a Florida Tech faculty or staff member and a student (male or female) who enhances the climate for women’s participation and development on campus.
“These awards provide an important platform to recognize our area’s most innovative and influential female business leaders,” said weVENTURE Executive Director Beth Gitlin. “We strongly encourage local businesspeople to nominate those they feel are most deserving of these special honors.”
Awardees are determined based on nominations. Each will receive a personalized plaque as part of her recognition.
Spring 2015 awardees were:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Susan Glasgow, president and CEO, Kegman, Inc.
- Excellence in Leadership Award: Lisa Rice, president, CareerSource Brevard.
- Emerging Leader Award: Kati Brunson, senior project manager, Rockwell Collins.
- Florida Tech Joan Bixby Award: Joni Oglesby, the university’s vice president for support services and Title IX coordinator, and Shannon Ferry, chief instructor, F.I.T. Aviation.
To submit nominations for the 2016 Women Who Rock Awards, please visit http://bit.ly/1Oroq0B.
To learn more about weVENTURE, please visit www.weVENTURE.org or call 321-674-7007.