Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Social Media Strategies Among Topics
MELBOURNE, FLA. – The Women’s Business Center at Florida Tech is offering a series of beginner-to-intermediate business courses starting next month covering timely topics geared toward local business professionals, business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Course offerings, cost and duration include:
- Advanced Blogging ($45), Sept. 8, 6-9 p.m.
- Content Marketing Success Strategies ($45), Sept. 30, 9 a.m. to noon
- Social Media Strategies for Business ($60), Sept. 15, 6-9 p.m.
- QuickBooks Fundamentals ($190), Sept. 18 & 25, 5:30-8 p.m.
- IGNITE 360 Pathways Workshop Series for Startup Entrepreneurs ($600 + $50 application fee), monthly sessions begin Sept. 3 and run through Nov. 13, 4-6:30 p.m.
- DreamBuilder Online Training Program (online courses that teach the basics of starting and growing a business – includes topics such as marketing, finances, human resources and pricing). This program is free and will be accompanied by five peer workshops: Aug. 18, Sept. 8, Sept. 29, Oct. 20 and Nov. 10. All sessions are 10 a.m. to noon.
Free business orientation courses are also available for those interested in learning the basics of owning their own business. These orientations will familiarize attendees with the Women’s Business Center’s services and provide a manual filled with business planning information as well.
“We want to arm local business professionals and entrepreneurs with the skills they need to remain competitive in the marketplace,” said Women’s Business Center Director Wanda Lipscomb-Vasquez. “We are pleased to have seasoned professionals teaching these classes and sharing their expertise. I hope residents will take advantage of these unique offerings.”
All business education courses and workshops are held at the Florida Tech Commons building, 3011 S. Babcock St. in Melbourne. See registration link below for specific class locations.
For a complete schedule of courses and to reserve participation in an upcoming class, visit http://wbc.fit.edu. For more on the WBC, please call 321-674-7007.