Florida Tech’s Womens Business Center Adds Seven New Courses
Curriculum Focuses on e-Marketing and Fundraising
MELBOURNE, FLA.– The Florida Institute of Technology Women’s Business Center (WBC), a local entrepreneurial service organization offering support for start-up entrepreneurs and second stage growth-oriented businesses, announces the addition of seven new courses, available to the public.
All courses and workshops are taught by highly qualified instructors in small, interactive groups. New classes include:
- Google Apps for a Mobile Generation: Feb. 6 or 25, 2014 – Learn how Google Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides work and can be stored easily in your Google Drive account. In addition, learn how to utilize Google Hangouts, a great tool for small group or one-on-one meetings. Participants will also learn how to build an online presence for private or public groups and project collaborations.
Social Media Success Strategies: Feb. 11 or March 3, 2014 – This course takes students on an in-depth learning experience designed to enhance skills in Facebook, Twitter, LinkdIn, and Hootsuite. Participants are required to have existing accounts on each platform prior to taking this course.
- Content Marketing Success Strategies for Business: Feb. 25, 2014 – This course covers creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract and engage clearly defined target audiences. Topics covered will include social media, blogging, websites, email content, management tips, and more.
Open Source Software: March 6 or 13, 2014 – Participants will learn how to utilize a variety of open source applications for text processing, image editing and website editing.
- Basic Guide to Google Analytics: March 6 or 13, 2014 – Learn the basics of Google Analytics and Ad Sense, and develop effective key words to incorporate into electronic communications and websites for search engine optimization.
- Advanced Blogging: March 25, 2014 – Learn advanced tips and tricks to enhance blog content and marketing.. [PRE-REQUISITE: Blogging Basics
- Non-Profit Fundraising Certificate: This new certificate program is designed for those seeking to advance their careers in fundraising and nonprofit administration through a combination of hands-on skills and theoretical knowledge, taught by professional practitioners. The dates of this course vary and there are two different tracks available. Check http://wbc.fit.edu for more information.
“We strive to offer forward-thinking classes that enable business owners to remain current and relevant,” said Beth Gitlin, WBC director. “Our comfortable, small classroom settings provide a good opportunity for local entrepreneurs to network and hone their skills to remain competitive in the local business marketplace.”
Seating for all courses is limited. Visit http://wbc.fit.edu for more information and to register. All courses are taught in the WBC resource room located at 3011 S. Babcock St., Melbourne, Florida Tech Commons Bldg., 3rd floor, Room 342.
About the WBC
The WBC at Florida Tech is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The WBC grows entrepreneurial leaders and thinkers and helps women to successfully achieve economic independence through entrepreneurship. The center offers customized programs specifically for startup ventures and second stage growth-oriented businesses that focus on increase revenue generation, targeted market penetration, expanded business relationships, access to critical resources and increased financial expertise. The WBC accomplishes this by offering quality business education programs, one-on-one business coaching, mentoring programs for growth-oriented businesses and networking opportunities with other business people. These resources are onsite and online to accommodate busy schedules and provide easy access. More information is available online at http://wbc.fit.edu or (321) 674-7007.