MELBOURNE, FLA. — weVENTURE Women’s Business Center will host its annual IMPACT Summit leadership development conference from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 25 at the Hilton Garden Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront.
Business owners and entrepreneurial leaders from across all industries are invited to attend this networking and training event, which will feature inspiring speakers and breakout sessions, followed by a networking luncheon in the oceanfront dining room.
The opening session features the keynote address from Shari Elia, head of global business development at Amazon Web Services. She will speak about ways companies of all sizes can foster a culture of innovation. Participants will then choose which breakout sessions to attend in one of three tracks: Personal Development, Communication or Business Strategy. The morning will conclude with a panel discussion featuring two local entrepreneurs who dove into the “Shark Tank” program as seen on TV and emerged with golden tickets.
“This conference is designed specifically for female entrepreneurs and professional women from across all industries,” said weVENTURE Executive Director Kathryn Rudloff. “By offering three tracks for the breakout sessions, we wanted to allow everyone to have the opportunity to attend training directly applicable to their own career and work.”
Here are details on speakers and topics scheduled for the IMPACT Summit:
Shari Elia, global head of business development and database freedom for Amazon Web Services. Presentation: “How Companies Large and Small Can Foster a Culture of Innovation”
Breakout Session Speakers
- Diana Miret, Certified Fractional CFO, The Business Profit Consultancy. Presentation: “How a Simple 2% Change Can Increase Your Profits by 21%”
- Alex Green, CEO, Spike Customer Experience Strategies. Presentation: “Providing Superior Customer Service”
- Nicole Simpson, CEO, Global Aesthetics Group. Presentation: “Scale Up Your Biz”
- Nohely Rose, CEO, Pink Rose Media, marketing manager, Rock Paper Simple. Presentation: “Creative Social Media Strategies”
- Jennifer Wiggins, CEO, Clear CEM Solutions. Presentation: “How to be Your Own Social Media Manager”
- Diely Pichardo-Johansson, MD, physician, author, cancer survivor and self-described overachiever. Presentation: “Life’s Too Short to Live Without Passion”
- Kathryn Rudloff, executive director, weVENTURE WBC. Presentation: “There is Power When Women Come Together: Lean In Circles”
Two local entrepreneurs – Meghan Wolfgram, CEO of Swift Paws, and Bug Bite Thing CEO Kelley Higney – will offer behind-the-scenes stories about their experience diving into the “Shark Tank.” They will share how passion for their product and customers has fueled their businesses’ success.
The conference will also feature vendor tables, networking and a raffle and silent auction.
Funded in part by a grant from the U.S. Small Business Administration, weVENTURE Women’s Business Center helps level the playing field for women by providing education, training and support to grow in their profession. Based at Florida Tech’s Bisk College of Business, weVENTURE WBC’s mission is to be the leading voice and resource for local women.
Individual tickets for the conference are $50, $25 for Florida Tech Students. The VIP networking luncheon is for sponsors and the event speakers, with a limited number of tickets being made available to conference registrants for an additional fee of $35. To register and for more information, visit https://weventure.fit.edu/events/impact-summit/.
The IMPACT Summit is an excellent opportunity for businesses to invest in leadership development for their female employees and market their business to the expected 300 attendees. Sponsorships begin at $150, and all proceeds benefit weVENTURE WBC. Visit the IMPACT Summit page and scroll down for additional information.