Florida Tech Among Elite Global Universities, New Ranking Finds
Center for World University Rankings
Reviewed 20,000 Institutions
MELBOURNE, FLA. — Florida Tech is among the top 5 percent of 20,000 universities from around the world, according to a new compilation from the Center for World University Rankings that is considered the largest academic ranking of international schools.
CWUR’s comprehensive rankings examined colleges and universities from around the world using seven criteria to develop its list.
- Quality of Education, measured by the number of a university’s alumni who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals relative to the university’s size.
- Alumni Employment, measured by the number of a university’s alumni who have held CEO positions at the world’s top companies relative to the university’s size.
- Quality of Faculty, measured by the number of academics who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals.
- Research Output, measured by the total number of research papers.
- Quality Publications, measured by the number of research papers appearing in top-tier journals.
- Influence, measured by the number of research papers appearing in highly-influential journals.
- Citations, measured by the number of highly-cited research papers.
Since 2012, CWUR has published the only academic ranking of global universities that assesses the quality of education, alumni employment, research output, and citations without relying on surveys and university data submissions. In 2019, the ranking expanded to list the top 2,000 schools out of 20,000 universities worldwide, making it the largest academic ranking of global universities.
Florida Tech was ranked No. 954 in the 2020-21 World University Rankings, two spots ahead of its 2019 position and among the top 5 percent of the 20,000 ranked global universities. The rankings reflect the quality of education and training of students as well as the prestige of the faculty members and the quality of their research.
Florida Tech was ranked ahead of several other leading technical universities, including Worcester Polytechnic University, Rochester Institute of Technology and Stevens Institute of Technology.
Harvard, MIT and Stanford were the top three universities in the 2020-21 rankings, followed by Cambridge and Oxford in the United Kingdom. It was the ninth consecutive year with Harvard in the top spot.
Find the full ranking at https://cwur.org/2020-21.php.