Evans Library is proud to announce that our summer camp, What We Know: Understanding Media and Its Influence is returning for a second year!
Targeted toward middle and high school students between the ages of 12 and 15, Understanding Media will explore the meanings and origins of the information we are exposed to on a daily basis. Campers will:
- Learn how information is gathered through interviews and first-hand accounts;
- Learn how data and news can be manipulated to tell a new story;
- Learn how advertising impacts our lives;
- Create their own media, including news stories and commercials;
- Learn about the Florida Tech community and Evans Library.
June 13th – 17th, 2016
1:00pm – 4:30pm
Evans Library, Florida Institute of Technology
$60 (includes t-shirt, camp materials, and snacks)