Every other Tuesday, the Library brings you helpful tips for using your library resources more effectively.
Over the last year, Evans Library has worked to improve its technological capabilities and offerings, so that we may better serve our users. One of our first initiatives is our technology lending program, rolled out last spring. In case you’re not familiar, our technology lending program allows students, faculty, and staff to borrow a number of technology items from the library, for a 4-, 24-, or 48-hour period. Our list of items includes:
- 3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS cameras (48-hour loan)
- 1 tripod (to accompany cameras) (48-hour loan)
- 3 Showtime 3D Pico/Micro projectors (24-hour loan)
- Calculators, including graphing, scientific, and financial (24-hour loan)
- 5 laptops (4-hour loan)
- Wireless remote control presentation mouse with laser pointer (4-hour loan)
- Universal capacitive touch screen stylus (4-hour loan)
- Headphones (4-hour loan)
The following items were also recently added, by student request:
- MacBook HDMI adapter (4-hour loan)
- Lifetrons Multitool adapter (4-hour loan)
- DVI-D to HDMI adapter (4-hour loan)
- Euro to US power plug converter (4-hour loan)
- MacBook charger, L-style (4-hour loan)
- MicroUSB to USB(4-hour loan)
- MiniUSB to wall adapter (4-hour loan)
- USB wall power bricks (4-hour loan)
Items with a four-hour loan period are for library use, and may not leave the building. All items check out on a first-come, first-served basis, so plan accordingly.
We’re very excited to announce the installation of additional power outlets and several USB-charging stations on the first floor – you asked, and we listened!