Library Tip Tuesday: Room Reservations
by Philina Richardson
Every other Tuesday, the library brings you another tip to help you use your library resources effectively. This Tuesday, our tip is on how to make room reservations online, from the comfort of your own home!
You probably know that the library has several study rooms containing projectors, computers, and white boards, that you can check out at the Service Desk. But did you know you can reserve these rooms ahead of time, without even coming to the library? You can!
When you visit the Library website, expand the ‘Services’ menu on the left, and then select ‘Reserve Library Room.’
From there, you can follow the link to the reservation system, and view information about each of the library’s study spaces, including capacity, equipment, and a photo.
Please keep the library’s room reservation policies in mind when using our rooms:
- Study rooms are for groups, restricted to a minimum of two or more individuals, for a maximum of 2 hours at a time.
- You may not have more than three active room reservations at a time.
- You may not have a reservation within 2 hours of another.
- Room keys will only be checked out to patrons with a valid Florida Tech ID Card, and only to the person who made the reservation.
- Room occupants are responsible for the room and equipment.
- And as always, users are responsible for locking the room prior to returning the room key.
With finals week rapidly approaching, we hope that you’ll find this information helpful. Reservations fill up quickly, so make yours ahead of time to guarantee you and your group a place to study!