by Philina Richardson
Can you believe that it’s already April? As we gear up for the end of the semester and finals, let’s take a look at what happened in the last month:
At this month’s Market Day, we displayed WFIT memorabilia in anticipation of WFIT’s upcoming 40th anniversary. E.J. Castor was the lucky winner of our Barnes & Noble gift card raffle.
Don’t forget about our weekly Conversation Hours, every Wednesday at 5:30 in room 217. Drop by to practice your English, brush up on your conversation skills, or just to chat with some new people!
Our origami events were a blast. We’re still short of our goal for 1,000 cranes, so fold a crane the next time you’re passing through!
- You’ll notice 5 new computer workstations on the third floor. These aren’t just any new computers; each of these stations comes with ARC GIS software, ready for your use.
- We’re making changes to our Graduate research seminar, and working to bring the seminar to you. Contact your liaison, schedule a research consultation online, or view the archive.
- For our Twitter and Facebook followers: we made a small update to our pages. You can now find us at facebook.com/fitevanslibrary and twitter.com/fitevanslibrary. If you don’t follow our social media pages, well…what are you waiting for?
- We’re pleased to offer getAbstracts as our newest database.
- 6 iPads were just added to our Technology Lending program, available for 4 hour checkout periods within the library. In addition, three of our laptops may now be checked out for 24 hours!
The library will be open on Friday, May 8th from 9am – 2pm.
April is going to be full of non-stop library fun. Here’s what you have to look forward to:
- 4/1 – 4/2: Our final research support workshops will teach you how to create a PowerPoint presentation that isn’t a pain to sit through.
- 4/10: Original music and lots of fun with local band Oranga Tanga (formerly the Brevard Busking Coalition). Free, and open to faculty, staff, students, and community.
- 4/17: If you missed our African Drum night last semester, don’t fret. Lisa and Tony are coming back!
- 4/24: Have you been looking for a chance to practice your stand-up routine? Here’s your chance! Join us for an evening of comedy from Melbourne’s finest stand-up comedians. Sign up to perform on stage, or just drop by and enjoy the laughs.
- 4/28 – 4/30: Donut Days are back! FREE donuts will be available on the first floor to kick off finals week. Stay tuned for more information.