Dishes from China, Mexico, India, Jamaica Among Offerings
MELBOURNE, FLA. — On her special day, give Mom a culinary experience that is as unique as she is.
Florida Tech is offering its 4th annual Mother’s Day Brunch Around the World from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, May 12, at Panther Dining Hall. It is open to the public.
The all-you-care-to-eat feast will feature dishes and desserts from more than a dozen countries and regions, as well as traditional breakfast items including eggs, bacon, pancakes and omelets, carved prime rib, salad bar and made-to-order grill.
The cost is $16.50 per person.
Panther Dining Hall, 3113 Panther Place, is just south of the Clemente Center on the Florida Tech campus in Melbourne. Visitor parking is free on the first floor of the parking garage behind the dining hall.
Here is the menu for the Mother’s Day brunch:
- Fattoush, Lebanon: Pita bread salad with romaine, cucumber, tomato and lemon dressing
- Pipirrana, Spain: Spanish potato salad with grilled tuna and olives
- Pollo Adobo con Papas, Mexico: Chicken and potatoes roasted in a chili sauce
- Cantonese Style Snapper, China: Snapper steamed with garlic, ginger, cilantro, soy and sesame oil
- Zilzil Beef Tips, Ethiopia: Beef tips with peppers, cardamom, fenugreek and onions
- Goat Curry, Jamaica: Tender goat simmered with curry, onions and Scotch Bonnet peppers
- Callaloo, Caribbean: Greens simmered with okra, onion, garlic and coconut milk
- Plantain and Bean Porridge, Nigeria: Black eyed peas, plantains, sweet potatoes and red palm oil
- Palak Paneer, India: A Punjabi curry of fried cheese with a spinach-based curry
- Basmati Rice
- Carved Prime Rib
- Breakfast Bar: Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuits & Sausage Gravy, Oatmeal, Pancakes, Omelets
- Desserts: Brigadeiro (Brazilian bonbon), Tres Leches (Latin American cake), Baklava (Middle East pastry), Cannoli (Italian pastry), Petit Fours, Fruit Pies, Cream Pies, Cakes, Cookies
For more information, call 321-674-8040 or visit Florida Tech’s dining site at www.fit.edu/dining and click on the “International Dinner Series” link on the left.