You know plagiarism is bad – but do you know why? And more importantly, do you know how to avoid it? Join us, Monday, March 2nd from 2 – 3 p.m. in the Link Multimedia Room for this workshop hosted by librarian Linda Khan.
- the definition of plagiarism
- the different forms of plagiarism
- why people plagiarize
- how to acknowledge and cite sources to avoid plagiarism
- the consequences of plagiarism
- Florida Tech’s document on academic integrity and academic dishonesty: Academic Integrity & Academic Dishonesty: A Handbook About Cheating & Plagiarism.
- The Indiana University School of Education has created a useful tutorial with examples and test questions to help you gauge your understanding.
- Examples of plagiarism, from Princeton University.
- “Goblin Threat” plagiarism game from Lycoming College.