Civil engineering professor Jean-Paul Pinelli and five students attended the 14th Americas Conference on Wind Engineering May 17-19 in Lubbock, Texas.
The students were Roberto Silva de Abreu, Soundarya Sridhar, Zhuoxuan Wei, Jian Zhang and Hadley Besing. They presented papers on research sponsored by key federal funders, including the National Institute of Standards and Technology (with co-investigators Chelakara Subramanian and Steven Lazarus), the National Science Foundation, the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation and the Florida Department of Emergency Management.
Additionally, Pinelli directed a panel discussion on NHERI DesignSafe cyberinfrastructure.
Here are the student papers:
- “Full-Scale Testing and Performance Evaluation of The Florida Tech Wireless Sensor Network System,” Jian Zhang; Jianing Wang; Soundarya Sridhar; Chelakara Subramanian; Jean-Paul Pinelli; Steven Lazarus; Ali Lebbar
- “Evaluating Probability of Failure of Urban Trees Under Extreme Wind Events,” Fahim Ahmed; Haitham A. Ibrahim ; Amal Elawady ; Jean-Paul Pinelli
- “Uncertainty Characterization In A Non-Linear Hurricane Vulnerability Model For Residential Buildings,” Roberto Vicente Silva de Abreu; Jean-Paul Pinelli; Kurtis Gurley
- “Wind and Rain Vulnerability of Mid/High-Rise Buildings During Hurricane Events,” Zhuoxuan Wei; Jeal-Paul Pinelli; Kurtis Gurley
- “Remote In-Situ Monitoring of Wind Loads On A Frame-Supported Fabric Membrane Structure,” David Roueche; Jianing Wang; Chelakara Subramanian; Jean-Paul Pinelli; John Stiles; Dan Jackson
- “Translating Research Into Practice,” Kishor Mehta; Delong Zuo; Ioannis Zisis; Jean-Paul Pinelli
- “Characterization of Surface Roughness Within Suburban Canopy Layer Using Morphometric Techniques,” Hadley Besing; Steven Lazarus; Chelakara Subramanian; Jean-Paul Pinelli; Steven Cocke
- “Measurement of Wind Loads On Glass Sliding Doors Using Florida Tech Wireless Sensor Network System,” Soundarya Sridhar; Jian Zhang; Jianing Wang; Jean Paul Pinelli; Chelakara Subramanian; Steven Lazarus; Ali Lebbar