You know you go to college in Florida when…
One of the great things about going to college in Florida is living the “Florida Lifestyle”. Florida Tech is located in the heart of the “Spacecoast”, an area known for high tech companies, natural beauty and an abundance of recreational activities. It’s a place where the Florida Lifestyle means wearing flip flops in January, measuring distance in minutes and knowing the importance of doing the stingray shuffle.
Here’s our top 10, “You know you go to college in Florida when…..”
1. You know exactly how long two bags of ice will last in your cooler.
2. “Down South” means Key West.
3. Shoes are for business meetings and church.
4. All the local festivals are named after a fruit or marine life.
5. You know the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer, not summer but really hot, and Christmas.
6. Hide your kids, hide your wife…it’s lovebug season!!!!
7. 49 other states have snow and you are wearing shorts and flip flops.
8. You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.
9. A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level, and you must skate down it.
10. You understand why it’s better to have a friend with a boat, than have a boat yourself.
What else do you like about going to college in Florida?
Comment and add to our list.